Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Hot an Dirty Mud Run

I’m still on track for doing a mud run a month between March and October.  I still really need to find out for August.  The only one I know about is the one that takes place on the same day as the Summer League tournament this year, and I’m not missing that for a mud run.

Anyway, Saturday, I did the Hot an Dirty Mud Run just up the road from me with a friend from ultimate Frisbee and church.  It still seems to be more of a local event, but the crowds do seem to get bigger each time I do it.  They definitely need to work on signage since my friend got routed to do part of it twice as if he were on the 10K and I got lost at one point.  But we both finished and got very, very muddy.  Seriously, I wasn’t trying that hard, and I was filthy at the end.  That’s the sign of a good mud run in my book.

They do seem to like their crawling items very low down to the ground.  Seriously, I was getting claustrophobic in the tube, and I barely made it out of the mud pit it was so low to the ground.  But I did it!


Weather has been cool for May all month, and Saturday was no exception.  A cold wind started to blow as I was heading back to my car.  Fortunately, I was almost done, so I was able to get in my car and drive home.  If it had been blowing earlier, I would have been miserable because it was strong and cold.

No comments: