Friday, May 15, 2015

Graduation Weekend

Last Friday night, I did something I haven’t done for a couple of years – I went to graduation at Master’s College.  I went because my roommate was graduating, but it turned out I had some other friends graduating as well.  I think I caught up with all of them but my roommate afterward, too.

But the party really happened on Saturday.  My roommate’s parents took a bunch of people out to lunch, which was nice.  And I got to meet some of his family and friends.

Then that night, I had dinner with my friends Konrad and Carol and a bunch of their friends.  They were part of the game nights I was part of almost a decade ago (yikes!), before they moved to Colorado.  It was wonderful to catch up with them and some other friends.  Carol was in town because she had graduated Friday night as well with a graduate degree.


It was nice to be part of things beyond just attending the ceremony this year.  And I’ll be back next year since my other roommate will graduate then.

No comments: