Monday, June 23, 2014

Gladiator Rock n Run – Irvine

Just over a week ago on the 14th, I did the Gladiator Rock n Run in Irvine.  It will be the last event I do at the Great Park since that area is about to become a subdivision.  Honestly, I don’t think they ever did much with the land, but it was a great place for obstacle races.

I actually met up with some new friends down there.  While I’ve been part of the meet up group for mud runs, I’ve never actually tried to meet up.  This time, I did, however, since I couldn’t get any of my friends to do it with me.  I met up with three guys who were very nice, and we had fun running together.  Of course, it did highlight just how out of it my upper body is since I couldn’t do any of those obstacles.

Anyway, it was a fun day.  The course was challenging without being too challenging.  I had fun and got muddy.

Afterwards, I got together with family friends Chris and Joy for a late lunch and a fun afternoon of visiting and hanging out.  It meant I didn’t get home until very late, but it was so worth it.

I think this will be the only Gladiator Rock n Run I get in this year.  They are doing one in San Diego in August, but I’m not willing to travel down that far.  Sounds like fun and it is their longest one.  Four different companies have mud runs scheduled for the last weekend in October, and Gladiator’s annual trip to Pasadena is one of them.  I’m signed up for a different race, however, so that one is out.  I guess that means I’ll just have to wait until next year.

No comments: