Monday, June 16, 2014

Family Trip to Yosemite!

I got to spend almost a week with my family in Yosemite!

I headed up there a week ago Friday and came back on Wednesday.  My brother and his family left mid-afternoon on Tuesday, and Mom and Dad went home on Thursday.

And yes, that means I got to spend time with my niece and nephew!  Have I mentioned recently how cute they are?  I ate up time with them.

And we hit all the tourist spots.  We did a little hiking, although not anything too hard because of the kids.  We saw the water falls and drove up to Glacier Point.  Really, it's hard to go wrong with the awesome scenery there.  It's truly beautiful.

While Bridalveil Falls was fairly dry, the other falls had enough water in them to be spectacular.  Yes, they were low, and I'm sure come August and September they will be pretty dry.  But I was happy with how full they were given how little rain and snow we've had this year.

All told, it was a great, relaxing trip.

And I got to see my friends Donald and Heather and their daughter Aria on the way up and back since I drove right through the town where they are now living.

No comments: