Thursday, June 05, 2014

Camp Pendleton Mud Run 2014

Sunday, I ran the Camp Pendleton Mud Run for the 5th year in a row.  Honestly, I can't believe it.

Every year, I'm reminded why I enjoy doing this run so much.  The scenery is nice, and it's just a nice atmosphere.  Plus, at 6.2 miles, it gives me a little something extra to train for.

This year, with all the fires down there recently, a mile or so of the course had been burned out.  That was a bummer, but overall it was still nice.

On the other hand, the weather was the nicest I think it has ever been for it.  The sun was out when we started instead of being overcast.  That makes the running in the first part hotter, but it is nice when you hit the mud in the second half.  I just hope we get enough rain soon to make the lake part a swim part again.

I did it with Spencer this year to make up for his having to miss last year.  So this was only the second time I actually ran with the people I signed up to run it with!

And we spent the night before with Ian.  Okay, at least at his place since he was out much of the time.  Still, it was nice to catch up with him and the price was certainly right.

Plus he recommended a couple of great local places to eat.  I want to go back to both of them.  Too bad they are 2.5 hours away.  For dinner Saturday night, I had chicken strip wraps that were delicious.  Then for lunch on Sunday, I tried raspberry orange pancakes that were amazing.  My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

I always prefer to do this one with someone, so I need to start drumming up interest in doing it next year.  I want to go for six in a row.

No comments: