Friday, April 13, 2007

Spring Reading Challenge Update

So, I haven't updated you on my progress with the Spring Reading Challenge yet. Let's fix that.

Now, before I get to the list I made, I do need to talk about the book I was reading at the time.

I didn't list A Thousand Splendid Suns because I was already part way through it. Reading it was one of the few perks of being a top reviewer at Amazon. They sent everyone who is in the top 100 was interested in reviewing it an advanced copy. Even though it's outside my normal reading tastes, I decided to give it a try. My review is at the link, so I won't go into great detail. I'll just say that I found the character study to be gripping, moving, and well worth reading.

Now, from my list, I've read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I enjoyed it greatly.

Then I read The Last Word. I have really enjoyed the Diagnosis:Murder tie ins, and this one was no exception. It overcame a slow start to be completely worth reading. And, while it does act as a finale, I really want to see what happens next to the characters. Lee Goldberg has done a great job with this one.

This week, I finished Kingdom Come, which had better be the final Left Behind book. It was a little too obvious the authors really didn't know how to fill 350 pages. Never "great literature" at the best of times, they were usually at least entertaining. This one wasn't.

And now I'm part way through False Profits, which I am enjoying so far.

So far, I am half way done with the list I made to finish by the book festival, which is in two weeks. Maybe I can make it after all.

No comments: