Monday, February 12, 2007

Relaxing Taxing

So, this weekend, I had nothing planned.

Wait, I'm not complaining. I'm bragging.

It was nice to come home Friday night and know I had nothing to do (except church) for the next two days.

Of course, that's not to say that I didn't have things I wanted to do. For example, I'm trying to get through several movies to prepare for the summer releases of the third in the series. So I watched Shrek this weekend. And, six months ago, I recorded Scooby-Doo: The Movie. I finally watched that as well. Plus, I reviewed them both. I had other reviews I wanted to write, two books and one movie to be exact, but that didn't happen.

See, I also did my taxes this weekend. The last several years, I've made it my goal to do my taxes early. Like as soon as I have everything. That finally happened this year. And I'm very happy with the refund I'm getting. Between the two, I'm paying for half my lap top. That makes me extremely happy.

Sunday also brought a sad announcement I've been expecting for a while. Next week will be the series finale of Reba. That's the only sit com I watch these days, and I'm really going to miss it. Even after six years, I still find it funny.

But I think my biggest disappointment is that I never made it to a taping. I tried about three years ago with Jeff, but we didn't make it in. I never have gotten around to trying again. Now, I'll never have the chance. Hopefully, I can find something else I like to watch that I can go to a taping of.

Actually, I might not be watching the CW much in the near future. Looks like Veronica Mars won't make it beyond this season either. Oh well, more time for other things.

Now, if I could just find a way to catch up on Smallville cheaply. I think I'd really enjoy that show.

No comments: