Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pieing Friends

For the second Saturday in a row, I had friends over. This time, it turned out to be a bigger group. 10 of us in all, including Kurt and Kellie and several mutual friends. I hadn't seen many of them since before Christmas, so it was great to catch up. We played Taboo and Apples to Apples. And I made key lime pie.

Yes, after having the title recipe for Joanne Fluke's next book for several months, I finally got a chance to make it. And it turned out great. Not that that's any surprise given the great (and easy to follow) recipes that Joanne always creates. She was quite the topic of discussion for a while between the desserts (I also made a peach cobbler) and the posters I have in the living room. And I impressed everyone with my baking ability.

But boy, those key limes are tiny. I could easily fit 6 of them in my hand at once. And it took 19 of them to get the half a cup needed for the recipe.

Sunday, of course, Paul and I "watched" the super bowl. Or I should say he watched and I played around on the computer. I created one of my things for the Jixaversary next month. Now I need to get working and see if the other idea I want to persue will work or not. I did lots of other stuff as well. As a result, I missed most of the commercials and the play, usually looking up only when Paul indicated the game was going great.

And I forgot to mention a major disappointment Debbie and I discovered last weekend. Glendale Centre Theater was supposed to be doing Fiddler on the Roof this month. In stead, it's been changed at the last minute to My Fair Lady. Don't know if we're going to go see it or not since neither one of us are fans.

Paul is actually out of town most of this week at a conference for work. So what have I been doing with the place to myself? Nothing I wouldn't have been doing anyway. Watching a little of my Friends DVD set and working on reviews. I've let myself get behind again and am trying to catch up. Of course, catching up on reviews seems to only last for a day or two anyway. Not that I mind too much. Gives me a hobby to keep me busy at night.

However, I'm about to be busy with something else. Lost returns in 8 minutes, so I think I'm going to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should try and watch it! I saw it last Friday and I was surprised on how they put it together in just 3 weeks.