Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekends Rock!

Especially because that seems to be about the only time anything exciting happens in my life these days. Otherwise, I have very little to blog about.

Saturday was game night, an out in Santa Clarita week. We went bowling. Got in three and a half games in the time we prepaid for. Konrad won two and I won one. But boy am I sore today! My right wrist and my left hip especially. No super high scores. My high for the night was 129.

After that, we went to Cold Stone for ice cream. Josh and Bonnie met up with us there, so we got to see them for a little while.

Sunday turned out to be pretty interesting. I found out when I got to Sunday school that we had indeed decided to turn out SNYF (Sunday Night Youth Fellowship) into a SAYF (Sunday Afternoon Youth Fellowship). Last I'd heard, we were thinking about it. Not only was it going to be during worship team practice, but it was also going to be during the time my family talks. And we really couldn't reschedule because of everyone else's activities. So I went late. It was a great time, when I was there.

I also got to be a couch potatoe this weekend, watching both Hitchhiker's Guide and Toy Story. It's been way too long since I watched the later. It's such a good movie!

It's looking like my brother and sister-in-law won't be out for Christmas this year. Now there's talk of us possibly going there and them coming out here for Thanksgiving. We'll just have to see what happens I guess. Either way it will be weird. We always go to my uncle and aunt's for Christmas dinner, but I've also spent every Christmas since he was born with my brother.

I hope we can work something out because it will kill mom if it doesn't happen. She's having a hard enough time with the holidays right now with all the recent deaths in the family. Bro and SiL not being out will be a huge blow. And yes, the thought of not seeing them has made me pretty upset as well.

No comments: