Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Doldrums

I guess that's what to call it. I just don't know what's up with me these days. I just feel kinda blah.

And I've been having some frustrating experiences on line recently. Last week, I got into a heated discussion of who should be blamed for the mess in New Orleans. I was the only one saying that it shouldn't all be blamed on Bush. Granted, I wasn't making the best points I could have, but by the end I was being called a blind ideologue and worse over it. Guess I'm stupid.

Meanwhile, over on Blogs for Bush, I once again made a comment to a couple of the commenters who treat anyone who doesn't follow the blog line 110% horribly. And guess what. I was ripped apart for it.

So now I'm hated by the left and the right.

This week, I saw a discussion on whether on-line blogs and reviews help sell books. People started jumping on Amazon reviews as worthless. The same person who wants to get free copies of books to review on his blog. One of them is a total jerk who is a major hypocrite (and was involved in the discussion last week on the anti-Bush side). I should know better then to respond to him and I try to ignore his posts, but this week I just couldn't do it.

I've made quite an impression on The Lipstick Chronicles. I've been teasing Susan McBride about getting some revisions done, and now I'm being mentioned in posts. Guess I'm really going to have to read her first book next. Of course, the fact that it's on my nightstand to read it beside the point.

And of course, Jix is wild and crazy right now and fun for the most part. Yet with all this other stuff going on, my teasing defense is down a little. And I'm slipping in and out of pity mode every so often.

I've been stuck at 103 at Amazon for a couple weeks now. The guy who was right a head of me for a while has made it to top 100 status, but I just sit. Of course, the good news is, I'm not moving backwards. In fact, I think hardly anyone in my 10 person bracket is moving either way.

I'm even feeling apathetic to youth group right now. Got an e-mail last night saying we might be moving our SNYF's from Sunday Night to Sunday afternoon. There are lots of very good reasons for it, but all I can think about is how it effects me. I know I came across as incredibly selfish to Pastor Jon today, but that's how I'm feeling right now.

I think most of it might be sleep. Someone has been staying up too late the last few nights. First it was reading, then last night it was listening to a commentary on the Crusade set. I have a feeling if I start getting good sleep the next few nights it will do wonders for snapping me out of my mood.

No comments: