Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I've Always Been Bad At Titling

So I didn't wind up working over the weekend. I talked to Phil as I was leaving Friday night and he said he'd call if he wanted me to come in. He never did.

So Saturday I lazed around the condo, which was muchly needed. And I talked to my family for two and a half hours. Took quite a chunk out of my day, but it was the first time we'd really sat and talked since Mom and Dad left.

Then there was "game night." It was out night, so we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I enjoyed it, more then the original. Still, it had it's flaws. As you'd expect from the trailer, Johnny Depp was way over the top. Willy Wonka came across as unfeeling and cold, something I don't remember from the book. And the flashbacks to his past with his father weren't needed at all. Still, it inspired me to reread the book again, which I'll start tonight.

Aft er that, we went to Souplantation because of a coupon I had. It's an all you can eat buffet, and we did. Me especially. I couldn't move for a little while. We were having so much fun sitting and talking we didn't wind up moving anywhere to play games and they had to nicely kick us out at 10.

Sunday was church. Then I was able to go out to lunch with Seth and Kiersten. It was nice to catch up with them. I came home fully intending to change and head down to the summer league tournament, but Casey had found a marathon of Friends' final season, and I wound up watching it with him.

And that's the exciting news around here. Phil planned to get our reconsiliation files out to the auditor's directories tonight, so I guess we're good to go there. At least I hope we are. I guess I'll find out when I go in tomorrow. Meanwhile, I can start the five weeks worth of bank recs I have lined up for me. Have I ever mentioned that I love this week of the year? Bank recs are my favorite part of my job.

No comments: