Monday, February 09, 2004

Ok, so where was I when I had to leave so suddenly on Friday?

My car seems to be fixed. Hasn't stalled on my three days in a row, which is a step in the right direction.

My roommate's window finally got fixed on Saturday, but I had no trouble finding parking the few days I was on the street. Which was a huge praise.

Did I mentioned having three weddings to go to in March? Now I'm down to one. One couple eloped in December. And the other wedding got called off late last week. Frankly, I'm glad because that friend deserved much better then her fiancee, even if he had such a great name. Which leaves Donald as the only wedding I have that month now. :)

Saturday, the weather was wonderful. Went out and played ultimate Frisbee and had a blast. Came home, showered, and headed out for a book signing, this time for the newest Diagnosis Murder novel. Lee Goldberg is a very entertaining author.

Unfortunately, by the time I came back, a cold and bitter wind was blowing. I hadn't taken my jacket, so I was freezing. And the wind still hasn't died down. I swear, if it doesn't end soon, we're all going to turn into dyhatrated dust and be blown off of Southern CA. We get a couple hours of rain followed by very dry wind. Not fun at all.

Sunday was church, etc. Seth came over last night after the evening service and we hung out for a while, with me beating him at Tetris. He's just about ready to move in since his benefits are starting soon. That would be wonderful, if I had room for him. :) But Jeff just got a job he's really jazzed about, so I'm wondering if this will mean he'll move out and get married soon. If I can just get Seth to wait until the semester is over, we might have room. Life is full of complications. But I like these kind. :)

Meanwhile, Friday I had no control over any of the TV's in my condo. Well, until Monk came on and we all wound up watching it together for some strange reason. :) Anyway, I finished Shades of Earl Grey while sitting on the couch mostly not watching a basketball game. This is the problem with having so many roommates. :) Enjoyed the book and it's cozy feel. And, for nostalgia sake, I started in on Little House is the Big Woods over the weekend. Man, I'm enjoying reading it again. Haven't read any of those books in years and years.

Ok, this week's Word Association

  1. Identity:: Theft
  2. Reveal:: Yourself
  3. Live:: and in Person
  4. Attitude:: Adjustment
  5. Night:: and Day
  6. Nevada:: Gambling
  7. Weekend:: Relax
  8. Write:: What I'd like to do more of
  9. Friend:: Fun
  10. Seventeen:: David Meece (for his song "When I Was Seventeen.")


And the newest quiz at Jix.



Are you Addicted to the Internet?

43%


Average@Internet-User.com (41% - 60%)
You seem to have a healthy balance in your life when it comes to the internet and life away from the computer. You know enough to do what you want online without looking like an idiot (most of the time). You even have your own Yahoo club or online journal! But you enjoy seeing your friends and going out to enjoy life away from your computer.




The Are you Addicted to the Internet? Quiz at Quiz Me!





I think I'm a tad more addicted then that, but the description is pretty accurate.

No comments: