Saturday, December 27, 2003

Ack! Blogger changed their look again when I wasn't paying attention.

Apparently, the rumor of my parents not having internet was a temporary thing that they have sorted out. Which I'm glad of.

Unfortunately, I'm popping in here with some very bad news. Grandma Baker, my last grandparent, passed away on Tuesday morning. Overall her health had stabalized in the last couple months, not that she was as good as she had been a year and a half ago. She was running a slight fever Monday night. The people at the place where she was staying checked on her at 5 AM. When they went back at 7 she was gone.

Needless to say, this has thrown everyone's plans out of whack. I'm now staying up here until the 2nd. Fortunately, Jeff will be home to let my new roommate move in Tuesday. The service is going to be help on Wednesday, New Year's Eve. And this means dealing with family that we have a very hard time getting along with, too.

I'm just glad Grandma became a Christian last month. That's a major bright spot in all of this.

In spite of everything, we managed to have a pretty good Christmas. Finally got to see my uncle and aunt's new house. Man, is it nice! And much closer, too. Been spending lots of time with Mike's girlfriend, which is also fun.

Anyway, that's what's going on in my neck of the woods. Hope you all had a merrier Christmas then me.

No comments: