Monday, March 17, 2003

Well, I didn't make it. I got home Friday night and just had to watch The Music Man. While I enjoyed it, I think I liked the new version better. Then again, maybe if I watched it again, I'd feel differently. I'll certainly say that the Buffalo Bills are an incredible barbershop quartet! I've got to find more barbershop quartet music.

Of course, by watching this after the Just for Fun, I didn't get to bed until 1 Saturday morning. Sometime in the middle of the night I started to rain like crazy. So I didn't go to the work day or play ultimate. But, I did get up and get going. Spent lots of money, but this time on clothes. The pants I wanted to get a month ago at Mervyn's were on sale even more, and then I went to Kohl's. They've just openned one here in town, and I got some good deals on towels and sandals.

Spent the afternoon reading and watching TV. Finished Lemon Meringue Pie Murder late Saturday night. Figured out the killer about 100 pages before the end, but I did get thrown off track again. Sunday, I started Cold Water Corpse and watched Gus. Silly Slapstick fun, but I love it. And I'd forgotten that Tom Bosley was in it. That really threw me for a loop.

Sounds like, in spite of the dire threats made last week, things are the same in Santa Rosa. Grandma was with my uncle and aunt for the weekend again. I hope they get things figured out soon for everyone's sake.

And speaking of soon, I'm glad it looks like we're finally going to war. We've known it was coming for months. We need to get to it and get this waiting over with. It's obviously not doing anything but giving Saddam a chance to build his forces. Of course, I wish we didn't have to go to war. It would be nice if everyone could get along and peace would really last. Unfortunately, that won't happen this side of heaven.

Also unfortunately, my link update isn't coming through. I added SIM's blog to my list last week, and it still isn't showing up. I'll certainly be glad when blogger gets it's latest problems resolved.

No comments: