Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Pass the cheese; I feel a major whine coming on.

Basically, I've been having a pity part in my office all day. Feeling like the world is ignoring me. I swear, I must be invisible half the time. My car, too, but that's another post.

Yesterday, I mentioned the fact that my co-workers never did anything for my birthday. Today, the problem's increased.

I first heard of St. Baldricks on a haircut related website I semi-frequent. I heard about it because someone was thinking of signing up, and he was seeing if anyone would support him, much like I first did on the Trixie boards. When I decided to sign on as well, I figured I'd let them know over there. Many people had already pledged their support to CC and didn't support me as well. Which is fine since the money goes to the same place anyway. Monday, someone else decided to sign up. (Keep in mind they take place all over the country on different days.) Today I log in to see that someone has pledged money to both of these people but not to me. HELLO! AM I CHOPPED LIVER???? CC is the only one from that site to sponsor me. He paid exactly what I paid for him, which is more then fair. It's not like I'm getting anything outside of ego rubs from this, but it would be nice to be included when people are sponsoring others.

Frankly, this is the way it often seems in my life. I say something, I'm told I'm wrong or ignored. Someone else says the exact same thing, and suddenly it's a great idea. It gets so frustrating.

On to other news. In case you missed it on either site, I'm bald once again. It was pretty crowded last night as there were about 30 people who shaved their heads. I don't know how much total was raised, but if I find out I'll let you know. As of this moment, the plan is to keep shaving through April Fool's Day. That way I can be shaved on the day I first shaved my head back in 2000.

Pete took an after picture for me and I've submitted it. Hopefully it'll be up by this weekend.

Back tomorrow with the Thursday Threesome.

No comments: