Monday, January 13, 2003

I have never been so happy to be wrong in my life!

It all started yesterday when I was talking to my family. They announced that Jon's wedding was going to be July 12th. I was thinking this was right in the middle of Trixie Convention. Naturally, I was bummed. Even after I say this, Mom is hardly phased, saying "At least it's not in the middle of any of our planned trips." Mind you, they have 6 weeks of trips planned this summer. The fact that this interrupts my one weekend planned doesn't bother them.

I actually don't know if I've mentioned these particular friends on my blog before. There oldest daughter and I were in Kindergarten together, and our families and have friends ever since, so this is something I really want to (and should) go to.

I was depressed last night over this, too. I finally convenienced all of you to have a convention on my side of the continent, then I can't come. Not to mention that there are so few of us who have been to all of them. I don't want to become ordinary like everyone else. :)

But, I decided to double check when I got in this morning. And that's when I realized I'm a week off and can do both! Of course, I'll miss Becky and Daniel's wedding, but it's not the same as Jon's. I haven't known them nearly as long, and I'm not nearly as close. If I had nothing going on, I'd go, but I don't so I won't. If I'm even invited. I could see them not inviting me to cut expenses. Which would be just fine.

Grandma was over when I called last night. Mentioned to me again, "When are you going to get married?" I replied, "After I find the right woman." Dad jumped in at that point, fortunately. One thing I'm very thankful for is that my parents don't give me a hard time about getting married. They leave that completely up to me.

And, frankly, I'm not sure if I'm ready to get married or not. Some days I'm so ready it hurts. Then there are the days that I'm glad to be single because I can do all the things I'm involved in. I'm sure that finding the right woman would make me willing to settle down.

BTW, don't know if I mentioned, but the woman I was blogging about in April is now engaged. Probably for the best. But why am I only interested in women who any idiot can see wouldn't work out? And I do indeed know, so I guess I'm only partially an idiot. :)

In other news, I didn't try to bother Jon. Don't know what I'll be doing for Thursday night yet. I'm thinking about just showing up in protest to what he said last week. Ah, who am I kidding? I'll be prepared as always and we'll see what happens. But I think I may try to be a little more low key about it. We'll just have to see what happens. But that's three days away. No need to worry about it right this second.

No comments: