Monday, January 27, 2003

Can I live the last 24 hours over again? Please?

Of course, I'd like to know what I know now. Like what to expect on Alias. And isn't it pathetic that I let a little TV show like that upset me? I'm beginning to regain my legs and think maybe that it will work after all. I'll have to see what the next few weeks bring. But if you want my full thoughts, head over to snarkfest.

Then, of course, there's the Super Bowl. When I got to Tim's, the score was 3-3. Found out everyone else is rooting for the Buc's and I'm the lone person hoping the Raiders win. Of course, I don't follow sports. Mainly I'm rooting for the R's because they're from CA and some of the people in church are die hard fans. So I figured what the heck. Now I know better. Fortunately, they'd finally scored a couple touchdowns before I had to leave for the SNYF or I would have really been hearing about it. As it was, I thought one of the guys was going to keep riding me forever even though he knew my true feelings about sports. And, since my parents called late, I missed the commercials for Matrix 2 and The Hulk. Meanwhile, they had the game on and I got to try to talk with Mike talking in the background to Zoƫ about how the game worked.

Of course, talking to them was a bright spot. Grandma's mind seems to be clearing up again. And she spent the weekend with my uncle and aunt!

And the SNYF went really well last night. We sang, for the first time in a long time at a SNYF, and they actually seemed to be singing for a change. I opened it up for requests, and they blew me away with some of the songs they were requesting. Ones I thought I was the only one who liked. :)

I probably would have felt better about Alias if I'd gotten a good night's sleep. But Marcus decided to start watching my tapes last night. He started tape 1 at 10 PM and watched all 7 episodes. Which meant that I was awake off and on all night since there's no door between floors. Which means I was very tired today.

So tired, in fact, that I skipped the weight room today. Even after I made myself late to work making my lunch. But going home and reading and finishing The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe certainly made me feel much better.

Which puts a dilemma on my hands. I placed an order at Amazon last week that shipped over the weekend. Part of the order may come tomorrow and may not. Either way, it's the part that has the book I really want to read next in it. What's a guy to do? Do I start a new book tonight or not? Especially since I was planning to read tomorrow at lunch time? Decisions, decisions decisions.

No comments: