Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's on My Nightstand - January 2009 Edition

Due to the holidays, I've missed the last couple of What's on Your Nightstand community events hosted by 5 Minutes for Books, but it's a new year, so it's time to get back in to it.

I currently 100 pages from the end of William Rabkins's first Psych tie-in: A Mind is a Terrible Thing to Read. I think it captures the show pretty well, although it does focus a tad too much on Shawn and Gus. Still, I am literally laughing out loud, making me glad I haven't tried to read it in the library on my lunch hours.

Up next will be either Merciless by Robin Parrish or Too Big to Miss by Sue Ann Jaffarian. It seems to change hourly which book I want to read first. But it really doesn't matter because I plan to read one and then the other.

5 comments:

Nise' said...

I've heard Merciless is really good.

Mimi N said...

I've heard of Merciless, but that's the only one. How can you be a top 100 with only those books on your nightstand? Is that for just one night? :) Good luck at Epinions.

Blessings,
Mimi B @ Woven by Words

Mark Baker said...

Nise, I've enjoyed the first two in the trilogy, so I expect to enjoy that one as well.

Bigguysmama, That's on my nightstand for the next couple of weeks (I hope). Trust me, I've got lots more on my to be read list.

Unknown said...

Yeah--I can plan and plan about what I'm going to read next, but it all comes down to mood.

Mark Baker said...

I do find that I can't plan too far in advance either. That's why it helps to have lots of options, right?