Friday, September 23, 2005

Almost

That seems to be a pretty good summary of my life right now.

I was going to be very good this year, and not listen to Christmas music until next week. I had picked next week because that's when new Christmas CD's by some of my favorite artists come out. I knew I'd have to listen to them right away so I could review them. And that was the only reason. Really!

Anyway, then I started reading Fourth Dawn by Bodie and Brock Thoene. It ends about six months before the first Christmas, and I just couldn't take it. I pulled my box out of the closet and started listening to a few.

Still, considering I didn't do this in July or August, I still say it's pretty impressive.

Meanwhile, after almost a month (29 days) stuck at the same rank at Amazon, I finally moved today! And it was up, not down!!! I'm currently tied for 102. Now, naturally, I could go back down to 103. But the guy I'm tied with hasn't written a review since June 2004 and that was his only 2004 review. Translation, his new votes will be much fewer and further between because his reviews will be buried on review pages. So I should have the spot all to myself before too long. And, he was just tied with 101 last week, so maybe I can catch him without too much more difficulty. In fact, the next four people seem to be rather close, so I might be a top 100 review before I know it. Definitely still think I can do it before the end of the year.

It's so close, I can taste it. And victory always tastes sweet.

In other news, we had a dead group at Bible study last night. Trying to lead songs with echos, and no one was echoing. And there were lots more females then males. We skipped the last song because it was our third echo of five.

And I'm so happy TV shows are back. Lost was wonderful Wednesday night. Survivor has hooked me again. And I watched CSI last night. I think it was the one filmed near me (trailer park) but it also made me convienced I had no desire to continue watching the show. Too depressing with lots of stuff I don't need to be watching.

So, if I cut it, CSI: Miami, and Without a Trace out of my schedule, that gives me 7 hours of prime time TV shows to follow this fall. It'll be up to 8 when 24 comes back in January. I can live with that for sure. I will be strong and not watch any new shows. I will be strong and not watch any new shows....

Of course, this doesn't count Fox News, which is currently 6 hours a week, but that will go down shortly I'm sure. And any reruns/TV on DVD I want to watch. Still, this leaves me lots more time for reading or other persuits. I'm actually very happy with this.

No comments: