Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A Mostly Good Weekend

That's what I had. It had it's frustrations, but I enjoyed most of it.

Friday night started things off right. As I believe I mentioned, the career group had a BBQ. Wonderful food and friends. Plus we watched The Incredibles on an outdoor big screen. It was a little cold for something like that, but I solved that problem by hopping in the hot tub for the second half. That was lots of fun.

Saturday morning I woke up at 6 AM. No clue why. Especially since I went to bed at 12:30. I stayed in bed until 8, then got up and caught up on Friday's sitcoms. I was supposed to be hosting the game night, but by 11, I still hadn't heard from anyone as to whether or not they were coming. And I was actually planning on baked potatoes, not just pizza. So I called the regulars, and sure enough, they were planning on coming, just hadn't gotten around to letting me know. Naturally, this lack of communication didn't make me jump for joy.

Then it came to cleaning the condo. Two of my roommates did pick up their clutter, which I appreciated. The third was at work. But guess who cleaned the kitchen, dusted, and vacumed. One of the two who share the guest bath left without a work about cleaning it. When the other came home from work, he crashed, which I understood considering how much he'd been working recently. I woke him up not too long before people were to arrive to get him to finish picking up and clean his bathroom.

Here's where things get really sticky. We finally ironed things out last night. He left for a minute to talk to someone outside and got a phone call. Meanwhile, I had no clue where he'd gone and cleaned his bathroom for him. Well, a 2 minute version, anyway. Then I blew up at him after everyone had left. Yep, we both handled the cituation with the utmost respect and responsibility. :)

Anyway, the regulars did show and the four of us had a great time. We listened to highlights from my You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown revival cast CD. There are some funny songs on there. Then we played Clue. I won. After dessert, we switched to Master Detective, which I also won. :) It was a good night.

Sunday was the usual craziness. Church, talking to family, and church in the evening. Didn't have worship team practice since we've canceled worship time this week due to a wedding shower for the staff getting married. But we had a SNYF afterwards. Went very well. We played four on a couch, and the girls/staff team won both times! :) And I did manage to finish Wonder Woman Season 2 as well. Need to get my review posted, I guess.

So, all things considered, it was a good weekend with a few hickups. And maybe if I'd gotten more sleep, even those would have gone away.

No comments: