Friday, February 13, 2004

So, how am I celebrating my first weekend with internet at home? By going out of town. I’m going to be the fifth wheel with my parents and brother and his girlfriend. Meeting them at a campground. Should be lots of fun. Tomorrow night, when we go out for Valentine’s Day will be about the only truly awkward part of it.

Unless they start into trips this visit. I counted, and including this one, I’m already planning 5 trips north this year. And Mom would like me to come up for Easter. I really don’t see that happening. I don’t mind the fact that they haven’t made it down much in the last couple of years, but that doesn’t necessarily mean I need to make up for it by taking too many trips their way.

For that matter, the three times they were here last year were all trips to other places where they visited me on the way back.

In other news, I ran twice this week. Only about 2.5 miles between the two, but it’s a set in the right direction. Definitely need to get new running shoes, however.

Donald was down visiting and speaking in a couple classes yesterday, so I went out to dinner with him and Pete last night. A fun time was had by all. Made me stay up later then I would have liked, but it was well worth it.

Bought gas on the way into work this morning so I could leave with a full tank. It’s up to $1.84 a gallon. Can’t believe it! It’s climbed at least 30 cents a gallon in the last month. This trip is going to be very expensive.

I think I’ve made a colossal mistake. I listened to The Music Man soundtrack this morning. Bet I have it stuck in my head all weekend. Not fun, but I guess it could be worse. It could be Annie. :)

Think this will finally catch me up on quizzes. I’m sure I’ll be way behind when I get back, however.

Emerald
! You are most like An Emerald !
Caring, giving, - and very emotional. You're the
person
people turn to with a problem. You worry about
everybody,
and genuinely want to help - a little too much
sometimes.
As an emerald, you tend to take a more backseat to
the other
gems, but your inner beauty soon captivates those
who take
the time to get to know you.
Congratulations ... You're the selfless gem
everybody needs as a friend.


?? Which Precious Gem Are You ??
brought to you by Quizilla

That certainly makes me feel good about myself. Although I think I have a new motto. "The balance of power is too unfair. I don't have enough." :)

Have a good weekend everyone.

No comments: