Monday, December 15, 2003

WE CAUGHT SADDAM!!!!!!!! Yeah, like anyone doesn't know that by now. But it's still wonderful news. Sounds like we aren't getting nearly the information I was hoping we'd get out of him, but it's still a major step forward.

Of course, not everyone thinks so. My message board "friend" has insisted in making the point that this won't make anything better in the short run. Heck, I don't think he's even managed to say it was a good thing at all in any way shape or form. Meanwhile, he's posted several screeds against evil Republicans, including one comparing Repubs to Scrooge at the beginning of A Christmas Carol and Dems to the repentant Scrooge. So now I'm a heartless, selfish jerk. Yeah, that really made my day.

As to my weekend, not much new. Watched Haunted Manshion Saturday. Enjoyed it, although it's not for kids and really should have been released in October. Wallace Shawn is in it and he reminds me of his character from Princess Bride so much. And the singing busts were my favorite part. I was laughing so hard at their stuff. And they used the Dapper Dans for that role, the barbershop quartet from Disneyland's Main Street. Glad to see that much loyalty alive and well.

Sunday just hung around the condo after church, watching the news and reading. Jen and two friends showed up to study for a few hours. Although how much studying they truly got done is a mystery to me. Still, I stayed on the couch and got alot of reading done. Watched the Survivor finale as it aired. Surprised by the results, not completely happy, either. Although what got me the most was the fact that no one seemed to have a problem with Jon's lie about his grandmother. I'm still furious over it, and I wasn't the one lied to.

Being Monday, guess it's time for the word association game.

  1. Warning:: Look Out!
  2. Aspirations:: Goals
  3. Starvation:: Hunger
  4. Lid:: Eye
  5. Sketch:: Book
  6. Interrogate:: Question in a police station
  7. Credit:: Card
  8. Scotch:: Tape
  9. Confused:: Dazed and
  10. Paris:: France

No comments: