Friday, December 05, 2003

I did make a serious mistake over Thanksgiving. I stepped on my parent's new scale. The one they think is more accurate then the one they've had for years. And suddenly I weigh 8 more pounds then I thought I did. I'm on a quest to loose weight. Which means I have to start some arobic type excercise in addition to the weight machines I use at lunch time. And I'm trying to cut back on the amount of food I eat, too. Just a little bit at every meal should make a difference, right?

Of course, you can just call me crazy right now about trying to cut down on what I eat and the amount I eat during December. We got our annual box of See's candy in the office today, and I want to dig right in.

Still, I got the middle size at Quizno's last night. Raise an eyebrow of the workers. Man, it's so much smaller!

Actually, this will be good for the budget, too, which is still tight. No more leads on roommates at all. I should be getting the second set of bunk beds next week sometime, however.

Meanwhile, OtherSeth has joined a gym, and is trying to get me to join to. I'd be tempted to since that would provide some accountability for working out and helping me loose weight, but there's that extra monthly expense I just don't want to commit to right now.

Meanwhile, I'm driving to Thousand Oaks tomorrow for another book signing. The book is a paperback, but the part I'm struggling with is the gas to get down there and back.

Finally bought an entertainment center last night. Got the bigger, more expensive one. It's the cherry wood, but the other was just too small.

And the maintenance people are finally going to cut a hole in my wall to fix the leak. Only two weeks after I first found the problem. Not impressed at all. Actually, it'll be longer then that since they won't be by to do anything it until Monday. Earliest they could come by.

I seem to be falling behind on quizes, so here we go to catch up.

Stolen from Susan, Aleta, and several others:



Although would it be evil to admit I thought about putting the most evil answer I could think of down to them all just to fake you out?

Jingle Bells
You are 'Jingle Bells'! Full of enthusiasm and
good cheer, you are excited by the first
appearances of Christmas decorations in shops
and have been heard singing along to the piped
music. Your attitude to Christmas is one of
childlike delight - with a slightly mercenary
streak. You definitely believe in Santa (you
get more presents that way) and will put up
your Christmas tree as early as possible. You
really like carolling, and presents, and mince
pies, and pudding, and will insist on getting
everyone up at dawn to open presents
immediately. So long as the food and presents
are good, you will have a great Christmas.


What Christmas Carol are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Might surprise you, but this really does fit me. I enjoy both sides of Christmas equally. They just didn't really seem to have an option for that. And there's a reason the Phillips, Craige, and Dean Christmas song I like so much is "The Kid in Me." And why my Christmas guides at Amazon are from a "Christmas kid at heart."

And via Faith

You are MARLIN!
What Finding Nemo Character are You?

brought to you by Quizilla

Anyone beside me amazed at how right these are most of the time?

No comments: