Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Got a call this morning saying the loan docks were at the escrow office for me to sign. So, instead of going home at lunch time, I headed out there. Unfortunately, I also found out that to have my property taxes impounded every month (like I've already agreed to have happen), they were going to take 9 months worth. I had things calculated down to the penny, but that was much more then I expected them to be. So, I came back and asked for a payroll advance to cover the added months. Then I went to the bank and got a cashier's check for the rest of my downpayment and the closing costs. And you know what? I'm not even scared about how big the check is. Guess I've been getting used to it over the last month, because otherwise it would have killed me.

The worst part is that I had to get the advance. I was seriously hoping I wouldn't have to. With payday being Friday, it would have been nice. But I'll be paying that off for the next 5 months. O well.

Anyway, I'll be dropping the check off tonight on my way to the final walkthrough. By signing the papers today, escrow will hopefully close on Friday. That's still the target. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. Yet at the same time dreading the work of packing, even though half my stuff is still in boxes. Really wish I could just wave my arms and everything would suddenly be moved. But since this isn't Bewitched, I'll plan on working like crazy after work all next week.

I think the excitement of my countdown (11 days), is because that's when the move will actually be over. Then comes the funner work of unpacking. But it's still work. Hopefully, by the end of the month, things will be organized and I can relax and enjoy my new place completely.

No comments: