Friday, September 12, 2003

Basically, I think things went well, but we'll have to see.

You may or may not remember a few months back when I talked about Kyle N. suddenly showed up with his congo drum one night for Bible study expecting to play. We worked with him so he could.

Well, after months of not bringing it, he showed up with it again last night. This was after it had been explained to him that he couldn't play if he hadn't come to practice, which he never has. I got to be the heavy who told him that again and wouldn't let him play. (And believe me, we didn't need the added distraction of trying to work with him.) I guess I wasn't straight forward enough, because he asked me again a minute later when I returned from getting the music stands. At that point, I will admit I was blunt with him and told him point blank he wouldn't be playing with us. I was trying to figure out if we had words to all the songs for the group and making sure we had what we needed for the team up front since no one else seems able to figure that out for themselves.

Anyway, I was home at lunch time today, just about ready to go back when his dad calls. He was trying to figure out what happened last night. So I explained what had happened and why. He talked for quite a while. The good part is that he seemed to understand where I was coming from and wasn't angry with me. He just wanted my side of the story since Kyle come home quite upset last night. He asked me if I thought Kyle was ready to play with us. I told him I didn't see why not, but passed him off to Pastor Jon.

See, we've discussed several times just having the worship team be staff and high schoolers. So, as soon as I hung up, I called Jon to give him the heads up. We talked, and I think we aren't going to worry about what age the youth is until we have so many kids we can't work them all in. Especially since we're talking about a drum and not another guitar. :)

Obviously, we're still feeling our way through this. I need to talk to Kyle more when I'm not trying to do 20 things at once and not feeling generally well and apologize for being short with him.

Yep, yesterday, my stomach was killing me all day. Not sure why, but I'm feeling much better today. Not that I got alot of sleep last night. Woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. About 6 I finally got up and got ready for work. Got here about 7, and I'm one of the last to leave. Ironic, isn't it? But I guess this makes up for my long lunch hour yesterday when I dozed off.

The things I do for a free meal.

In other news, escrow officially closed today. I don't think I've ever been this excited about being so far in debt I don't see how it will ever get paid off. :)

No comments: