Tuesday, January 28, 2003

My gamble paid off. I didn't start any new books last night, and today my next book arrived from Amazon. And they said it wouldn't get here for another week at the earliest. :) So tonight I get to go home and start Buck Fever. It's one of the books up for a Lefty at Left Coast Crime this year. And since I'm going, I thought I'd give it a try before I vote. And since voting is due in a coupld weeks....

Sorta had lunch with Pete today. We got our food, went back to his office to eat (I have no idea why he's decided he doesn't want to eat in the caf any more), and then he got a call from his mom. By the time they were done, it was time for me to get back to work. And, by not going home, I completely messed myself up for tonight. Now I don't have the receipt to pick up Steven Curtis Chapman's new CD. But I don't think I need it. I also didn't call to get an appointment with the allergist for next week or call the LA county payroll office about the fact that I STILL haven't gotten my check from jury duty last July. It's only been 7 months. Granted, it's not a lot, but it's still something and I'd like to get it. Then they wonder why everyone hates jury duty.

Got a wonderful night's sleep last night. Don't know when Marcus came home, I was too far gone.

Tried doing some push-ups last night because I missed the fitness center. After about 40, my stomach got really sore. I had intended to do more, but I couldn't get my body to cooperate. Really pathetic, isn't it?

So, tonight, I'm going to pick up that CD and stop by the Disney store to look at DVD's (like I need more or to spend more money), do a little grocery shopping, pay some bills (including my check for Trixie convention), then curl up with my book. Kinda glad that everything's a rerun tonight.

No comments: