Wednesday, January 22, 2003

I didn't post yesterday, because there wasn't really much to say. I'm posting today, but there still isn't really much to say. Which might lead to a rant to two so I can fill the pages. You've been warned.

I have decided on a career I would never want. I will not go into sales. Why? Because I could never be as aggressive as they are since I hate it when they're that aggressive to me. Last night, I was walking through the grocery store, with my arms full of stuff. They didn't have any baskets and I didn't want to push a cart around for the few things I was going to be buying. Anyway, I'm walking along in front of the check out stands, and there's someone set up at a table trying to sell something. I acknowledged him, and he starts asking me to stop. I said no and kept walking, but I'm thinking to myself, "Do I look like I really want to stop and hold a half dozen items while I listen to your spiel?

Of course, there was the one person who stopped me in my tracks. I was in the local K-Mart, and someone asked me to stop like that. I said no, and she said, "Wait a minute, Mark." That stopped me in my tracks. Wasn't wearing a name tag, either. Turns out she'd been in my class through 3rd grade. Hadn't seen her since then either. Just saw her that once, but it was quite funny.

And of course, I'm still getting telemarketer calls like you wouldn't believe. None as outrageous as the one I posted a few months back. And let's not even get into the spam I get in my e-mail. I'm even getting a little here at work these days.

In the political realm for a minute, I found this link interesting. And I completely agree with it, too.

Today is the 30th anniversary of Roe v. Wade. It's sad that women think they have more control over their bodies today, when in reality they have less. After all, if we didn't have abortion, women might actually say no to their boyfriends for a reason. The abortions for rape, incest, etc. are far less then the majority done. And it is murder, no matter what anyone else says.

And it's my blog and I will post what I feel like here. You are always free to disagree politely or not read what I said.

Finally, two very scary articles I meant to post last week. Go here and here and be worried.

Guess I didn't do too badly today after all. :)

No comments: