Monday, June 04, 2018

Job Update

I’ve almost abandoned this place, right?  Not on purpose, of course.  I’ve just gotten lazy about updating it.

Which is ironic since I wasn’t working for two thirds of May.  However, I have finally been able to start at the job I was waiting for.  It’s a temp job with the possibility of getting hired on.  I’m filling in for someone on medical leave, and since I was out on medical leave myself earlier this year, I fully support them keeping the job open for the person.  (Plus, it’s the law, of course.)

I haven’t been here quite 2 weeks yet.  And I’m in the middle of my first close.  So far, it seems to be going well.  I haven’t had to stay as late as I thought I might, which is wonderful.  And I love my commute – across town again.  That’s one of my biggest desires in a job is not having to commute south of town.

We will see how it continues to go.  I’m hopeful it will turn into a good situation for me to stay permanently.

No comments: