Thursday, June 14, 2018

A Win!

My wish actually happened.  We won our second summer league ultimate Frisbee game, which means we are 1-1.

I actually showed up lateish since I got distracted running errands in town and didn’t leave on time.  I was about 20 minutes late, but we were just getting started.  The game was super close.  We were only behind a couple of times, and then only by one point.  We were ahead at the end 12-10, which was the biggest point gap we had all night.

Yes, games are to 15.  But the lights went out right at 10PM, so the game was called on account of darkness.  A win is a win.  I’ll take it.

There were some truly epic points that went on and on and on.  I wasn’t on the field for any of them, but they were tiring to just watch.  I can only imagine if I’d been on the field.

I played my four points, all of the in the first half this time.  We scored when I was in, and we were able to take advantage of them leaving me poached to get the disc and pass it on.  I don’t remember being involved in any turn overs for a change, too.

All in all, it was a great game.

No comments: