Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Bowling for Rhinos

A month ago, back at the beginning of May, I got to go bowling again!  My friend Angelique recruited me to be part of her team at a fundraiser for rhino care all over the world.  The only down side was that it was the final week of beach league, so I had to race home, shower, and then race down to Glendale.  Otherwise, I might have hung out at the beach.

That aside, I had a lot of fun.  It was crowded with other things going on like raffles and a silent auction.  I didn’t participate in any of them, but I had had fun bowling.

We only got two games in during our assigned times.  The event is so popular they have three different shifts, but a group of kids bowling earlier.  My scores for the two games were 134 and 109.  Once again, started out well and then dipped.

But I had a blast.  I got to meet a few members of Angelique’s family, and they were very nice.  And it convinced me I needed to find a way to bowl again on a regular basis.

No comments: