Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Easter Trip Home

Yes, I’m skipping a couple of weeks.  No, it’s not because I want to catch up.  It’s because nothing too exciting happened.  I did my taxes.  I worked on getting the last couple of movies off my DVR.  Just thrilling stuff.

However, I did go home for Easter.  Depending on when Easter falls on the calendar, it won’t always be possible with my job (too busy with work), so I had to take advantage of it while I could.  I took Friday and Monday off work, and used those as travel days.

Unfortunately, the long audio book I’d been saving to listen to didn’t work for me.  I had to skip portions of disc 1, and disc 3 wouldn’t play at all, so I gave up.  Fortunately, I was able to snag a digital audio book from my library and listen to that on the way home.  And enjoyed listening to my Easter play list on the way up on Friday.

And what a busy two days it was while I was there.  My friends Donald and Heather were nearby, so I went over and visited them for a couple of hours on Saturday.  And then my uncle and aunt came to town and we all went out to dinner to celebrate their Silver anniversary.  It’s actually next month, but we wanted to celebrate while we were all together.  We went to a nice restaurant, and we wound up having a room to ourselves upstairs, which was wonderful with my niece and nephew.

Sunday was church at my brother’s church before dinner at mom and dad’s.

And my niece and nephew are still so incredibly cute!!!!

It was way too short, and I would have loved to spend more time there, but I had to be back to work.  For one thing, I don’t have that much vacation time saved up these days since I’ve only been here a year and a half.  You go through it very quickly, especially when you use it at holidays (in addition to the holiday time off I get).

No comments: