Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Neverseen Launch Party

Friday night, I went to a book launch party.  Even better?  The book didn’t officially come out until today, so I was able to buy it early.  (You’d think with all the pre-release books I get these days it wouldn’t be a thrill, but it still is.)

The book is Neverseen, the latest in the Keeper of the Lost Cities series for middle grade readers by Shannon Messenger.  Unfortunately, the signing was a ways away, and with traffic, especially on a Friday night, it took me a long time to get there.  So long, in fact, that I missed Shannon answering questions from the audience.  But I got there for the actual signing.

And oh the line!  I was actually there for three hours waiting to get my book signed.  During that time, I finished the novella I was reading and wandered around the store some.  Then I stood in line.

Mind you, I’m not really complaining.  It is wonderful to see so many kids exciting about reading.  I mean, this was a hardcover, and all the kids had copies.  And Shannon was taking the time to talk to fans and not just signing books, which is great for keeping them engaged in reading the books.  Plus Shannon is a truly wonderful person, and I’m thrilled to see her reaching this level of success.  I’ve been reading the series from the beginning, and I’m thrilled to see it doing so well, too.

Still, it made for a long night, although I was able to get home a lot faster because the traffic had died down by the time I left.  It was a great day all the way around.  Plus I’ve passed the half-way point of the book already (which is saying something for a 700 page book) and am fast closing in on the final quarter.  Goal is to finish it by Wednesday, and things are heating up, so I am sure that will happen.

No comments: