Friday, October 30, 2015

A First Trip to Dave and Buster’s

When my brother and sister-in-law were living in Dallas, they loved to go to Dave and Buster’s on date nights.  I had never been to one, but I finally had a chance to fix that back on the 17th.  (Yes, I’m still back that far behind.)

After the mud run, I met up with my friends Chris and Charles.  Hadn’t seen them in a while, especially Charles.  Anyway, we headed out to Dave and Buster’s.  If you aren’t familiar with it, it is a restaurant and arcade.  Most of the games give you tickets (electronically on your card) that you can then redeem for prizes.

Actually, Chris and Charles hadn’t eaten there before.  They were planning to eat elsewhere, but I suggested we eat there.  The food was good, but our service was lousy.  Everyone else seemed to be getting good service but us.

The games were fun.  There were lots of skeeball and those types of games.  There are also some fun video games that, yes, can give you tickets.  I have no clue how much each game cost since you swipe your card and pay with credits, but I didn’t spend through all the credits I’d bought.  I started getting into it the longer we were there.

Okay, so the company helped, but I had a good time.  Unfortunately, the restaurant is a ways from me, so I don’t know when or if I will go back and use the rest of my credits and redeem my tickets, but you never know.

Oh, and yes, I did make sure my brother and sister-in-law knew where I was so they'd be properly jealous.

No comments: