Monday, August 24, 2015

Krusher Wet n Wild 5K

Saturday, I did my August mud run.  I’d only heard of the Krusher mud run a few months ago, but I signed up because it filled the important hole in my mud run schedule.  I had none for August, after all!

The mud run wasn’t that far from me – at least as the crow flies.  It was at Lake Piru, which is a little ways off the freeway on a smaller road, so it still took me about an hour one way to get there.  Still, not as bad as some I do every year which are easily twice that.

Based on the title, I wasn’t sure if there would be mud or not.  And they kept me in suspense until almost the very end.  But when we got to the mud – wow!  It was thick and deep.  Some of the thickest and deepest I’ve experienced at any mud run.  I loved it!

The rest of the run was good, too.  There were a couple of different obstacles like climbing up tubes.  Unfortunately, I skipped their version of a water slide since the way to climb up to it involved climbing up tires.  I’m sure I could have done it if I needed to, but it was high and my fear of heights was making me uncomfortable.

I’ve only ever been out to this lake one other time, so I don’t know for sure, but I feel like the lake is way, way down from where it would normally be.  Part of that is based on the fact that we started and ended at a boat ramp and was nowhere near the later.  I also think that much of the course would be under water in a normal year.  I could be wrong on that, but that’s my best guess.

No comments: