Monday, August 10, 2015

Party Friday

We had a second Summer League game this last week, and it was for Party Friday.  In the past, about half the teams in the league have played on this day, but this time, every team was playing.  Plus there was free pizza after the game.  What’s not to love?

I had a complication getting there – the battery in my car was dead when I went to leave work.  By the time I got that taken care of (thanks AAA) and home, I barely had enough time to change and eat dinner.  As it was, I arrived late, and it was 3-3 when I found our game.

Sadly, it went further downhill from there, and we lost 6-15.  Obviously, I shouldn’t have bothered to show up, right?

Actually, we can’t really blame me completely.  Yes, I got scored on a time or two, but I actually didn’t play that many points.  I guess my presence is just enough to make that big a difference in the score.

Of course, it didn’t help moral to see two of our players go down due to injury.  After a year of not playing on this particular field, it sadly isn’t much better than it ever was.  I was hoping they had truly fixed it and maybe fixed the gopher problem, but I guess that wasn’t to be.

On the other hand, it was one of my teammate's birthday, and we celebrated with a delicious cake afterwards.  That was very fun.

No comments: