Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Second Day at a Permanent Job!

Yes, you read that title right.  After two and a half years or temping and not really landing anything, I have a permanent job.  The job I started six weeks ago went from temp to hire in that time, and my first day as an official employee of the company was yesterday.

To be honest, I’m a little surprised.  Not that they hired me because they’ve been talking like they’d be making the decision soon.  But I figured they’d want me to go through two month end close cycles before they made the decision.  But after only one, they brought me on.

The drive only takes me 15 minutes to get into work in the morning.  It’s more like 25 going home at night, but it’s still much faster than commuting out of town would be.  The pay is better than I expected.  And I am getting benefits again.

There is a part of me that keeps pinching myself since I feel like I am dreaming.  But it’s real.

What is amazing is how I can look back and see how God orchestrated things the last two years, the good and the bad and the temp jobs I did land, to bring me to this place.  Of course, it is easy to see it looking back, and at times in the middle I doubted.  Yet once again He has proven Himself faithful.  And yes, I am giving Him full credit for landing me the job here.

The job definitely keeps me busy, especially during month close.  There’s a high volume, but it seems manageable if you fully apply yourself to it.  I think I’m only working at over time one night a month, and then only a couple of hours.  Definitely manageable.  And I like my co-workers, too, which also helps.

I’m very happy, just in case you couldn’t tell.

No comments: