Thursday, August 01, 2013

Busy but Good Weekend

I was joking to when I got to work on Monday about how I drove right by work both days of the weekend.

Saturday, I went to a play at Glendale Centre Theatre.  They were doing a production of The 39 Steps, which is based on a Hitchcock play.  The twist is, it only involves four people playing all the parts.  And they were brilliant at it.  A new wig and change of clothes was all it took.  The acting was wonderful, and I never had trouble following the story.  At times, I was in awe of how the actors could change characters so completely within seconds.

Then Sunday I went down to the Greek Theater to see Amy Grant in concert.  Believe it or not, I’d never done that before.  Plus she was touring with Brandon Heath, who I also like.  I really enjoyed the show, more than I thought I would.  She jumped around between her new stuff and her older stuff, going back to her 1982 release for a couple of her songs in the second half.  It was a fun night and Brandon’s songs were great, too.  Only did 5 of them, but I enjoyed it.

I should have worn long pants instead of shorts and brought a sweatshirt, but other than that, it was perfect.

My favorite moment?  When she did “Thy Word,” She just sang it her and her guitar.  You could hear all of us singing along.  It was magical.

2 comments:

Matt said...

I watched The 39 Steps while at my parent's place last year. It was a fantastic presentation.

Mark Baker said...

I'm going to have to watch the movie now, but the play sure was fun.