Friday, February 08, 2013

Robert Crais’ Suspect Signing


No, no, there was nothing shady about the signing.  He was signing his new book entitled Suspect.

I’ll freely admit that every year when he comes out with a new book, I remember I planned to read more of his books.  And then I promptly forget again.  But since this was a stand alone, I figured I was safe to go get it.

The signing was Sunday morning before the Super Bowl at Book ‘Em in South Pasadena.  I made it to the early service and then headed down.  I got there after it had started to a standing room only crowd.  He talked for quite a while, read a chapter, and then started signing books.  It took a while because he actually talks to everyone in the line.  Considering this is a NYT’s best selling author, it’s one thing I really appreciate about him.

Unfortunately, since I have read so few of his books so many years ago, we didn’t have much to talk about.

But I’m glad I got the book.  I finished it yesterday and absolutely loved it.  If you want to know why, check out my review over at my new review blog.

No comments: