Saturday, February 23, 2013

Weekly TV Recap for February 23rd


Once Upon a Time – It was nice to have two theories confirmed.  Yes, Rumple’s son is Hnery’s father.  And yes, Rumple was ultimately behind the curse even if someone else had to enact it.  But Cora’s plan for Gold worries me as does his promise a long time ago to kill the boy who would be his undoing.  Nice complications coming in the remaining episodes this season.

Castle – Wow that was powerful.  I certainly felt for Castle multiple times, coming close to tears myself.  Nathan Fillion’s acting was amazing.  I’m just wondering if Sarah was the real target or if Alexis is?  Either way, I can’t wait to see how things turn out next week.

White Collar – I think I was expecting something more fun from the episode.  I enjoyed it, but it wasn’t the home run I wanted.  Elizabeth befriending the woman was nice, and the ending where Peter talked the guy down was great.  I guess fans are torn on Sarah, but I liked her and am sorry to see her character moving to London.  That’s just a little outside ankle bracelet range.

Survivor - I know who I want gone from the fans.  Then again, who knows how much of that is editting.  And amazing that not only have the fans found an idol but it's been outted as well.  Over on the favorites, Brandon is going to take over from Phillip as the crazy one this season.  I really can't wait for either of them to be gone.  Or even better, get both of them out of there.

Arrow - I enjoyed this episode more than last week.  Then again, there was little flashback.  What is the world is Oliver's mom into?  There's going to be a confrontation there, and I don't think I'm going to like the outcome.  I do like the techie being on the team and trying to speak some ethics into Oliver.  Don't know it will do any good, but it would be a nice counter point.

Necessary Roughness - I'm actually impressed they managed to deal with the player coming out without being all preachy.  And I liked the character growth we've seen in TK as a result.  I'm not sure I buy it, but I like it.  Several interesting cliffhangers.  Matt's girlfriend is pregnant.  The son taking off.  Nico being confronted.  I'm wondering where this is all going to wind up next season.  And I hope if this is the last season they are told in time to not leave us with cliffhangers.

Big Bang Theory - Poor Raj.  I feel sorry for him.  I hope this love interest doesn't completely break his heart.  And it would be nice to see him with one that lasts more than an episode or two.  Although if he gets a girlfriend, what's the point of the show since all of them have significant others.

Suits - I have no idea what that case was all about, but I don't think it really matters.  So, they've merged with another law firm.  That's going to set up an interesting new dynamic next season.  And what's going to happen now that Rachel knows the truth?  For that matter, how long will it take Harvey to forgive Mike for following Jessica's orders instead of his?  Is this merge going to be a good thing or a bad thing?  Color me intrigued for next season.

Nikita - I really feel sorry for Sean.  I mean, it's better than if he'd really died.  But being targeted by Amanda like that.  And it looks like Division is here to stay?  I hope they take it down and Amanda too before the series ends some way or other.

No comments: