Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It's Been a Week

Okay, I know it's really only Tuesday, but I'm talking about the last week in general.

Work - Yes, I am still working.  And it's the week before the audit, which means there is lots of work to do to get everything ready.  I haven't been working overtime, but I've been working hard the entire time I'm there.

Epinions - Things are still erupting over there, too.  It's taken them this long to get us our money from December, such as it was.  And they haven't backed down on their stance that reviews over 5 years old will no longer earn money.

Meanwhile, Blogger still hasn't let me back into the review blog I set up.  I was going to start a blog over at Word Press, but I haven't had a chance to do that.  Guess I can wait another day or two mainly since I will be so busy.  But I really want to get going on posting stuff somewhere and off Epinions.  I'm taking my old content down if they don't reverse their stance.

Heck, I'm so disgusted right now, I may take stuff down anyway.  After all, this was a slap in the face.  And I have a very steady revenge rater there right now.  Plus someone called my integrity into question because I reviewed a friend's book over there.  Yeah, thanks.  I don't need that.  I need to become a book (and other things) blogger.

I've got to admit, my attitude hasn't been helped by the fact that I can't seem to sleep at night.  I woke up at 4:30 this morning and never did get back to sleep.  Hopefully tonight will be better.

But it all got better when I was talking to my family tonight.  My niece was still up, and hearing her say, "I love you, Uncle Mark" brought a huge smile to my face and pretty much put everything in perspective.

It was probably a good thing I couldn't do any review copying this weekend anyway.  I finally got my Christmas decorations down and put away and I got my chapter for a fan fiction group project finished.  Once I start the copying, I have a feeling I will be doing that pretty much full time.

No comments: