Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Cars Land

I'm an unemployed DisNerd with an annual pass.  Of course I've been to Cars Land.  :)

Actually, I've been there twice.  A week and a half ago, I got to go with my cast member friend Brian for his cast member preview.  Then I went back this last Friday with my friends Chris and Keith for the official grand opening.

I don't think I have ever seen the detail there they have in any other land.  It is incredible.  You walk into the area, and you truly do feel like you are in Radiator Springs.  They've got plenty of stores and restaurants (too many stores if you ask me), but they also use just about all the buildings that are part of the town in the movie.

The highlight of the area, of course, is Radiator Springs Racers, the new big ride.  Yes, it's the west coast version of Test Track in Florida, but it's so much cooler.  You actually get to ride through town and all the characters from Radiator Springs have a cameo.  Then, it's off to the races and it's so much fun.  Actually, it's a little sad to know how much detail you are missing as you race by it, but it is incredible.

I'll admit I was a little disappointed with Lugi's Tires.  I was expecting more out of this ride, but that's probably because I'd heard about the Flying Saucers so much of my life.  Still, riding on air felt awesome, and I certainly did have fun.

Finally, there's Mater's Junkyard Jamboree.  This ride is really a spinner/Tilt-a-Whirl type ride.  You're being pulled behind some tractors that rotate around three circles while Mater sings a song.  But I've got to admit, this one was surprisingly fun.  You really get whipped around, and I had a big smile on my face when it was over.

Of course, one thing about both of these last two rides, they feel like they could be about 30 seconds longer each.  You're just really starting to enjoy the ride when it's all over.

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the area.  I love it and I can hardly wait to go back.

No comments: