Monday, February 27, 2012

Another Office Move

In the last three years, my office location has moved four times.  First it was to a nice, big office.  It's been to two smaller offices since then.  And today, it was to a cubical.

Now, you have to understand, my entire working life (14 years), I've had my own office.  That's something that surprised me to start with but now I've grown quite used to it.  I listen to music softly all day.  I shut the door to change clothes really quick some times.  And it gives me more room to spread things out.

Now I'm certainly blessed with a large cubical.  I've got more desk space than I used to have.  But I have less storage space for things like financial statements that I'm expected to hold on to.  That part is definitely going to be a problem.

Plus I feel like I have no privacy.  Anyone walking down the hall can see exactly what I am working on.  yes, I have some walls, but I'm pretty much right out in the middle of everyone.

On the plus side, I still have a window.  I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

Hopefully, I will adjust to this over the next few weeks.  But for right now, I'm definitely not a happy camper.

No comments: