Sunday, February 26, 2012

10 Years

It was 10 years ago today that I made my first post on this blog.  Hardly seems possible.

I remember at the time, I wondered just how long I'd be posting at this site.  I've never been a regular journal writer, so I thought I might give it up rather quickly.  But I've stuck with it.  And actually, I've found I like having a way to go back and figure out when something happened.

After all, for a while I timed life events by where I was living.  But since I've been in my condo for 8 and a half years now, that gets fuzzy.  Yes, even with the succession of roommates I've had.  But with way, I can pin point exactly when something happened.

Of course, since this is public, I am a little more careful about what I share.  I know, I only have a couple of regular readers, but I would hate for someone to see this and be hurt by something I posted, even years later.  I realize this creates some confusion at times, but that's the way it has to be.

At times, I've tried to change the focus of the blog slightly, but I always come back to it being more of a journal.  You can see my evolution of interests as the years go by.  I know I'd get more interest if I stuck to one topic, but I'm not sure if I have enough to say on any one topic to make a regular blog of it.

And so it reflects my life, lots of different interests.  And that's how I want to keep it.

If you are reading this and have stuck with me for some time, thank you.  I do love the comments I get from friends or strangers, a couple of whom have become friends.

So I don't intend to give it up any time soon.  Here's to another 10.

No comments: