Saturday, August 20, 2011

Weekly TV Recap for August 20th

Wow, I lost three shows and my week got much lighter.  Basically, I've only got shows on two days a week right now.  This is me not complaining since I still have way too many shows and I still watched a lot of stuff on Friday.  Anyway, here's what I thought of this week's batch.

Royal Pains - Have I ever mentioned how much Evan can make me cringe?  Well, he was doing it big time this week.  Granted, not all of it was his fault at all.  And it looks like next week we'll find out what's up with Paige.  Can't wait to find out about that.  Meanwhile, who is after Boris?  The idea that his disease might be part of a family feud is very interesting.  I'm anxious to see this develop.  And I'm wondering how much longer Divya will keep her secret at the hospital.

Necessary Roughness - I have a feeling I'm supposed to think Dani's best friend leaving is a bad thing.  Personally, I'm ready to see her go.  I have never liked her character.  This new therapist TK is seeing is very interesting.  The main storyline with the golf pro was good although again I felt it fell into a formula.  In fact, I saw the ending coming by the half way point.

Melissa and Joey - I know last week I wasn't that impressed with the show, but I enjoyed both of the episodes this week.  Some actual funny lines and not over the top with sex.  I liked how the sub-plot carried over as well.  Poor Ryder didn't have much to do, however, although his scene coming back from the store at the party was pretty funny.

Burn Notice - What a jerk.  I can't help but root for them to take the guy down.  The scene with Michael holding the security guy hostage was actually pretty funny.  And the ending.  I know they'll have some twist with the murder storyline for the season finale (I'm guessing in three weeks), but for now it appears everything is going along fine.  What's the twist going to be?

Suits - The comment from the woman about Mike and Rachel dating was too funny.  It's obvious they are going to get together at some point.  I loved how Mike went out of his way to clear Rachel, although I'm surprised she agreed to go back.  Okay, she's a main character, but I'm still surprised she agreed to go back.  Meanwhile, Harvey was awesome with his fake out.  I knew he wasn't serious, but that was still a great scene.

Wipeout - The winner called it early on.  Usually, those things don't happen, but this time it worked.  I figured he had it when he was the only guy to make it to the Wipeout Zone, but the last contestant gave him a really good run for his money.

Expedition: Impossible - I so want Fab 3 gone.  I really hope they don't win.  Their whining over the Gypsies rooting for No Limits is unbecoming, especially since they'd be the other way around if it was the Football players out there.  I hope they come in last.  Meanwhile, No Limits make it to the finals just barely.  It will be interesting to see how they do next week.  This is really still the Gypies to lose, and I hope they can pull it off.  They've been the strongest team so far, and I'd love to see them win.  If not them, No Limits.

New TV on DVD Reviews:

No comments: