Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Playing at Hiking? (Otherwise Knows as My Weekend)

So, I had another fun weekend.  I was hardly home for it, which is probably what made it so much fun.

Friday night started out at home.  I had my friend Grant over.  We watched Psycho and hung out for a while talking afterward.  Okay, so that's not my favorite movie ever (you can see my review here), but I am glad I watched it again.

Saturday morning, I spent some time catching up on TV.  Then I headed down to Glendale Centre Theatre where I met up with Angelique to watch To Kill a Mockingbird.  I've never read the book or seen any other versions of the story, so this was a first.  I found the story very sad, but I'm supposed to.  Yes, I know there is still racism in our world.  Unfortunately, there will always be some no matter how hard we fight to get rid of it.  But seeing this play made me thankful for how far we've come as a society from the days depicted there.

The production of the play was great.  I am so glad I finally started going down to that theater.  In fact, I'm kicking myself for not going down when it was first recommended to me at least a decade ago.

Sunday found me down in Malibu Canyon after church.  I'd never been down there, but my new friend Sanjay wanted to meet up there for a hike as part of our training for Tough Mudder in May.  Wow, that was a tough hike.  It was almost all uphill going out and downhill coming back.  But the views were beautiful, making it well worth it.  We had a great time, although I was very sore the next day.  In fact, one of my hips is still a little sore, although I am feeling much better.

No comments: