Monday, February 28, 2011

A Cold Day at Disneyland

Saturday was Master's annual discounted day at Disneyland, the second time they've had it in February.  And for the second time, it was a cold day where lots of nasty weather was being predicted.  In fact, apparently it did snow again here in town and down in Hollywood, although it didn't snow enough to stick.

At Disneyland, we had mostly blue skies all day, however.  Don't get me wrong, it was still cold.  I had three layers on almost all day, and added a fourth almost as soon as the sun went down.  But it only rained for a few minutes, and those would be more sprinkles than actual rain.

The nasty forecast scared away all the crowds, however.  Lines did get a little long on the more popular rides, but we still managed to get in everything we wanted to do once and all but one of the big rides twice.  Heck, at 9PM, after 12 hours in the park, we were getting ready to leave.  Still managed to leave after 10 by the time we stopped to shop and hit Mr. Lincoln on the way out.

I thought late last week I was coming down with another cold.  I'm not quite sure what's happened to that.  I don't feel perfect, but I don't really feel sick either.  I was afraid the cold weather would knock me out, but it doesn't appear to have done so.

The highlight of the day was our first trip on the Jungle Cruise.  We got on the boat my friend Brian was skippering.  He did a great job, and we really enjoyed it.  When we got to the end, he said, "If you had a good time, my name is Brian and this is the Jungle Cruise.  If you didn't, my name is Mark."  I was with three friends by that point, and all of us died laughing.  The rest of the boat probably didn't get it, but we loved it.

This is going to spoil me for going back on a day that is at normal crowd capacity.  I must admit the idea of going when it's a little warmer does appeal.  But trips when bad weather is threatened and doesn't materialize are perfect because of the small crowd size.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Glad you enjoyed the trip around the Jungle. It certainly was cold that evening and it just kept getting colder as the evening wore on. Not sure how many from Master's were on my boat. There certainly were some possible TMC students on board.

Mark Baker said...

Did Tatlock stop by? I mentioned to him you'd be working the attraction that night, but since he was with his family, I wasn't sure if he'd make it or not.