Saturday, September 11, 2010

Weekly TV Recap for September 11th

Yes, I do realize what today is.  I am choosing to post this today like normal, not because I don't think we need to remember 9/11 and not to snub it but to offer a bit of counter programming.  Hopefully, you are finding this when you need a few minute break from remembering.  I know I can't think about it all day today.

Summer is winding down with two more USA Network summer finales and my first new show of the fall.

White Collar - Interesting developments. The entire episode was devoted to the Kate/music box mystery. We learned that Kate but the bomb on the plane so she and Neal could fake their deaths. The assumption is whoever is pulling the strings knew about it and set it off early. But who was she really talking to on the phone? And what have they figured out about the code? Not to mention will Mozzie survive his gunshot? Okay, I know the answer to that one. He's still a main character, or if they were writing him out they've done a good job of hiding it.

Covert Affairs - Despite the fact that they made Annie's sister out to be an idiot, I enjoyed this episode. And I especially loved the Niagara Falls setting. Made me think of Trixie Camp a few years back when we went there. Kinda glad the episode was straight forward because I was so distracted by the scenery. But the revelation that Jai was the one that scared Ben off all those years ago was a big shock. I can't wait to see where they go with it next week. Disappointed that will be the season finale already, although with how my schedule is starting to fill up with fall shows, I guess I shouldn't be complaining too much.

Melissa and Joey - It was great to see Christopher Rich again even if he was basically playing the same character he did in Reba. All in all, it was a pretty funny episode with some great little moments. It was nice to see Joey failing as a parental figure instead of just Melissa. And it was pretty clean, which I really appreciated, too.

Psych - After how great the season has been so far, I'm a big disappointed by the summer finale. The mystery was overly simple for how dense they tried to make it out to be. I saw most of the twists coming. And it was light on the humor. Of course, they make all their finales light on the humor. Interesting what they did with Jules and Shawn at the end. I don't see how they can keep from advancing it when they come back in November.

Wipeout - I've got to admit I was only half paying attention as I watched this week, so I don't have too much to say. Although that cafeteria take on the spinner was rather gross.

Nikita - I have never seen any of the takes on this story before, so I am coming to this show with a blank slate. I can definitely see the comparison between this show and the pilot of Alias. I can't say this show grabbed me completely from the first moment, but I am intrigued, especially with Alex being Nikita's mole on the inside. I'll give it a few more weeks to see where it goes. And it is nice to see Xander Berkley of 24 on the air again.

New TV on DVD Reviews:
Chuck - Season 3

No comments: