Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010 List

It's definitely cooler here. High will be lucky to get to 70 today.  Guess I can't say too much since it is the first day of Fall.

And since it is the first day of Fall, that means it is time to start making lists for Fall Into Reading.  This reading challenge is designed to be fun.  You just list the books you want to read or any other reading goals over the next three months, then work toward them.

Last Spring, I actually did something different.  I didn't list as many books as I thought I would get through, figuring I would actually finish my list for once.  And you know what?  It worked!  I usually start out my list with any carryover books, but I've got none to start with.

So, here is a fresh list of books I'm hoping to get through this fall.

Tide Water Talisman by Glynn Marsh Alam (My current Read)
Gingerbread Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke, Laura Levine, and Leslie Meirer
Naked Heat by Richard Castle
Royal Blood by Rhys Bowen
A Truth for a Truth by Emilie Richards
Berried to the Hilt by Karen MacInerney
Secrets of Harmony Grove by Mindy Starns Clark
Chocolate Pirate Plot by JoAnna Carl
Murder in Vein by Sue Ann Jaffarian
Old World Murder by Kathleen Ernst
NERDS: M is for Momma's Boy by Michael Buckley
The Inside Story by Michael Buckley
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C. S. Lewis
The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis
The Last Battle by C. S. Lewis
psych: A Fatal Frame of Mind by William Rabkin
Meaning at the Movies by Grant Horner
Peter and the Shadow Thieves by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson
Kingdom Keepers III: Disney in Shadow by Ridley Pearson
Walt Disney: The Triumph of the American Imagination by Neal Gabler
The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
Motherhood is Murder by Diana Orgain
Nightmare by Robin Parrish
Dog On It by Spencer Quinn
To the Manner Dead by Sebastin Stuart
They're Watching by Gregg Hurwitz
Book to be named later (one I've agreed to read and review for my church library.)

Obviously, I learned from my experience in the Spring to keep my list managable, right?  :)  That's 27 books.  My reading seems to have slowed down a little at the moment, so we'll see how many I can get through in the next three months.  Honestly, it's just a matter of how many I'll have left.  This is being overly optimistic.

And yet, I reserve the right to add books if I forgot them or if something comes up I need to add in over the Fall.

Guess I'd better get reading.

3 comments:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Looks good, Mark! We're planning a trip to Disney later this fall, so maybe I should read the Kingdom Keepers books w/ my tween. Also, we have the first Nerds book here, but haven't read it yet -- looks funny, though. And I need to pick up that Robin Parrish book...didn't realize it had come out this summer.

Thanks for being such a faithful challenge participant! Your lists always give me good book ideas to check out.

Bitsy Bling Books said...

You can never have too many books on your challenge list! Ambition is key :) I love the M is for Momma's Boy title. I think I will have to check that out!

Charlie
http://www.bitsyblingbooks.com

La Coccinelle said...

27 books! I don't think I could get through that in a year... let alone 3 months.

Have fun and happy reading!