Thursday, September 09, 2010

Labor Day Fun

I had so much fun planned for Labor Day weekend, I took an extra day off work to fit it all in.

It all started Friday night with the auditors leaving late.  I was here until almost 6.  Glad I wasn't planning to leave that night.

Saturday, my roommate Daniel and I got up early to meet up with Joe.  The three of us were driving up to our friends' Josh and Beth's wedding.  Joe and I were actually in the wedding, and Daniel was attending.  Traffic was about what I expected, not too heavy at all, and we made it to the town in plenty of time for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.

Sunday was busy with the wedding all day, at least for Joe and I.  We did have a leisurely breakfast before we got dressed and headed out for pictures.  We picked up Daniel from the hotel about lunch time, and then headed over to the church.

The wedding itself was very nice.  In fact, it was one of the better weddings I've been to in a while.  I remember the pastor who married them did an outstanding job with Joe and Erica's wedding last December as well.

And then it was off to the reception.  There was dinner and dancing, basically a very enjoyable time.  We did a pretty good job on the car, especially considering it almost got forgotten.

While Joe headed home from there, Daniel and I hit the road to my parents' house.  Monday, we hung out with them and met up with my friends Donald and Heather for some minigolf.  We all had a great time together.

Tuesday, Daniel and I headed home.  We took the long way, traveling down the 101 so Daniel could see a bit more of the state, and a prettier part, too.  It took a little longer, but it was definitely worth it.

Now I'm 2/3 of the way through my work week.  It's been a bit crazy with several people gone, but it's been flying fast, too.

No comments: