Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Two More Losses

So my ultimate Frisbee team is now 0-4 when it comes to the season.  We are the only team in Men's league to have not won a game yet.

Last week's game was actually looking promises.  We made it to half time with a score of 9-5, but we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  I could see us falling apart in the second half.  The final score was 15-17.

Last night's game started out horribly.  We got the first point and never caught up again.  At half time, the score was 4-9.  We did get it up to 14 before they got to 17, so we did much better in the second half.

Frankly, I'm a little furstrated right now, too.  I just don't feel like I contribute much to the games.  True, last week I was scored on quite a bit.  This week, I managed to not be scored on (even when the other team tried to isolate my guy for an easy score.  Yes!), but I also couldn't get open to get the disc.  I haven't touched the disc in two weeks, and it is frustrating.

Of course, I'd have more opportunities if I played more.  But we have so many guys showing up for games, that I don't feel right about playing more when we are doing so poorly.  My standard arguement has always been that I can't make us do any worse than we were doing, but I guess I'm not buying it any more.  I wish I were.

I always get like this at some point in the ultimate season, so hopefully I'm hitting bottom now and things will improve for the rest of the summer.  We'll see.

No comments: